Rockstar in the news
- Rockstar – Spherix(July 29th 2013)
- IAM Rockstar Article(July/August 2013)
- Rockstar profiled in Wired magazine (May 2012)
- US DOJ approves Rockstar patents purchase
- IP Business Congress 2010 - Interview with John Veshi(June 26th 2012)
Rockstar is a patent licensing business that owns and manages a portfolio of more than 4,000 patents developed by technology pioneer Nortel Networks. This portfolio consists of patents covering a wide range of consumer and enterprise communications technologies currently in use or in development in markets worldwide.
Facts about Rockstar’s portfolio
The bulk of the Nortel Networks patent portfolio was transitioned to Rockstar as part of Nortel’s bankruptcy process in 2011. This transaction yielded an historic $4.5B for Nortel’s creditors, and established an initial set of founding licensees to the Rockstar portfolio. Because Rockstar’s portfolio is based on a wide range of telecommunications, wired and networking based research and development performed by Nortel engineers, a significant portion of today’s high technology products and services relate to these patents.